Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Inspiring talk by Simon Sinek and my thoughts

Saw this fella talk tonight.  He did a very good job.

I went to a very great talk by Simon Sinek tonight.  His talk was about leadership and was very inspiring. He's a very dynamic speaker. 

One of the main topics for him is getting to the WHY of what you do.  I did a quick experiment / brainstorm for myself:

What I do:
  • Help organizations change
  • Implement technology
  • Manage projects
  • Lead things
  • Make things
  • Try things
  • Connect with people
  • Network
  • Build lists and systems
  • Build teams
  • Write things down
  • Communicate
How I do it:
  • Facilitation
  • Teamwork
  • Teambuilding
  • Project management
  • Politics
  • Facilitation
  • Skill
  • Luck
  • Records management
  • Systems engineering
  • Software development
  • Product development
Why I do it:
  • To change things
  • To make a difference
  • To make things better
  • To make things suck less for people
  • To bring people together
  • To make people hate each other less
  • To break down barriers and walls
  • To find the truth
  • To innovate
  • To try new things
  • To work with data and things real, tangible, observable
  • To integrate disparate people and parts
  • To make new things possible
  • To invent and bring the future